Ok. I have to pat myself on the back for this one. Ever make a card and think, “Oh my word! That’s stunning??” I have times where that happens. Other times I think, “Eh, not bad. It needs something.” And still, other times I think, “yikes!” Others might like it but there is something really missing!
This card, though. Perfect! Yeah, I said it, “perfect!” Could I have added more embellishments? Of course, but… I wanted this card to be simple and stunning. Yes, this hits the mark! *pat, pat, pat on the back* So, if you haven’t guessed, this challenge was about watercoloring. I knew what I was going to do before I did. I was thinking about the new Lift Me Up stamp set with the hot air balloon….. but….. I am a butterfly girl! I wasn’t always but thanks to a trip that I took, thanks to Stampin’ Up!, I became one. I haven’t stopped since. I may still do a hot air balloon….
I started with the watercolor pencils and the aqua painters. It just wasn’t bold enough for me. So, I moved to ink. I did it right on top of the watercolor pencils. WOW’ser!
List of supplies: (each link opens a new window)
- Kinda Eclectic Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Birthday Blossoms Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock
- Basic Black 8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock
- Watercolor Paper
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
- Aqua Painters
- Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies
- Butterflies Thinlits Dies
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensionals