This challenge was a great one. In short, it was “pick a stamp set out of the annual catalog (I’m an over-achiever, I chose two) and use two embellishments on the card.” Now, oddly enough, I am not sure what’s current and what’s retired in my craft room now BUT I just so happened to buy a few of stamp sets out of the annual catalog for a project I am going to be working on. So, I knew they were current…. LOL.
Here’s my card. I used Gorgeous Grunge and In This World. My two embellishments (ok. I used three… I hear you thinking it…) are Basic Black Baker’s Twine, Silver Metallic thread (which is really hard to see) and Metal Rimmed Pearls. I am a monochromatic girl, as well as a butterfly girl. So this card tickles me to the core! The layout I CASE’d from something I saw on Pinterest but can’t find the card again. UGH! She didn’t use any of the same stamp sets. The card is different but similar. ANYWAY….
I also just recently got my hands on new Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits! OMG!! I am so in love with these. It also works with the Layering Ovals, Circles and Squares Framelit sets. Of course, I used the Layering Ovals set for the card.
List of supplies: (each link opens a new window)
- In This World Clear-Mounted Stamp Set
- Gorgeous Grunge Clear-Mounted Stamp Set
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock
- Basic Black 8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Basic Gray Archival Stampin’ Pad
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
- Precision Base Plate
- Big Shot
- Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine
- Metal Rimmed Pearls
- Silver Metallic Thread
- Stampin’ Dimensionals