Stepped up already…

CCREW617SIPFor the month of June, the Creative Crew on splitcoaststampers.com asked us to only do 5 projects, instead of 6. I chose to make this challenge already stepped up and not do the simpler version of this card.

I also used this card as a color challenge that my upline put out.  The challenge was to make a card with all the In-Colors or to make 5 cards using only one In-Color.  So…. I used them all!

The stamp set used was Feathery Friends.  I used all of the In-Color markers for ink, I used all the In-Colors for paper too!  The flower centers have Clear Faceted Gems.  Cute huh?

Try this technique…

CCREW617TECSorry I am a little late with my posts about this month’s challenges. I had a LOT going on… High School Graduation for my oldest, a HUGE party and so much more!! BUT, I am here now, so let’s play with a new technique.  For the Creative Crew challenge in June, CCREW617TEC card called for us to try a new technique. This one is called, “Bordered Sentiment” – here’s the link: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/borderedsentiment/

I used the Feathery Friends Hostess set and Happy Celebrations stamp set for this card. I used some of the new In-Colors, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide.  Dapper Denim marker was used to make the line on either side of the mask.  The stamp outline is Stazon.  You will also notice the Powder Pink Bitty Bow just above the “T” in celebrate..  Yeah, I used it to cover and ink smudge! LOL  The card stock is Whisper White Thick and Whisper White. I would love to see what you create with this technique!  Have you liked my Facebook page yet?  https://www.facebook.com/swaltitude/

Technique Tuesday?

dragonflyGiven a challenge of making a one-layer card, I tried a new technique called Die Cut Masking.  This isn’t exactly how this technique was to be used but I wanted to change things up a bit.  I took painters tape and lined by Big Shot cutting pad with it.  I then put the die cut on top of the tape and ran it through.  Carefully, I peeled the tape outline off the cutting pad and stuck it to watercolor paper. I pressed firmly to made sure it adhered…  I then went to town on the watercolor paper.  I heat set the paper and then removed the tape.

Now, I could have clear embossed this and watercolored.  I would have gotten the same effect, essentially.  However, notice the “Thanks for the smile and everything else”. It’s stamped on TOP of the dragon fly – you can’t do that with clear embossing.  I am going to do this technique again…. doing it the way it was meant to be done…. I will show you it again, tomorrow.

The colors of ink that I used were Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Elegant Eggplant.  The paper is Marina Mist and Watercolor Paper.  Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits were used to cut the painters tape.  I also used the Sale-A-Bration ribbon as an embellishment along with White Perfect Accents.  If you need supplies, please visit my website: mamaschroeg.stampinup.net