Here is my inspiration card for this month’s challenge. In the image below, we were asked to use the photo for inspiration. I found another really neat color combo that I wanted to use and decided to use the bees that are in the photo. The color combo here is Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Crushed Curry. I used the Dragonfly Dreams Stamp set and the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits to make this card. Watercolor paper was used as was an aquapainter to color the watercolor paper in Marina Mist.
While I got this card layout from my upline, I did change it a bit. The DSP used here is Naturally Eclectic as I thought the pattern went nicely with the dots stamp in the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set. I also really liked the pop of color from the Glitter Enamel Dots. I used a tiny piece of doily and a thread from the burlap ribbon just for fun accents on the card. I really hope you like it!! I am thinking about sending this card to a friend… but who? Do you want it?? Comment below! I will pick one person randomly!
Given a challenge of making a one-layer card, I tried a new technique called Die Cut Masking. This isn’t exactly how this technique was to be used but I wanted to change things up a bit. I took painters tape and lined by Big Shot cutting pad with it. I then put the die cut on top of the tape and ran it through. Carefully, I peeled the tape outline off the cutting pad and stuck it to watercolor paper. I pressed firmly to made sure it adhered… I then went to town on the watercolor paper. I heat set the paper and then removed the tape.
Now, I could have clear embossed this and watercolored. I would have gotten the same effect, essentially. However, notice the “Thanks for the smile and everything else”. It’s stamped on TOP of the dragon fly – you can’t do that with clear embossing. I am going to do this technique again…. doing it the way it was meant to be done…. I will show you it again, tomorrow.
The colors of ink that I used were Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Elegant Eggplant. The paper is Marina Mist and Watercolor Paper. Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits were used to cut the painters tape. I also used the Sale-A-Bration ribbon as an embellishment along with White Perfect Accents. If you need supplies, please visit my website: mamaschroeg.stampinup.net